Four Canadian Tamil Tiger supporters tried to bite off more than they could chew, and got what they deserved. Two have already pleaded guilty, the remaining two were slammed up for 25 years today. They tried to buy missiles in the US to send over to Sri Lanka, yet their contact in the US turned out to be an FBI agent. Schadenfreude chuckles are in order: owned!
Never mind their passports, these scum should rot in a US jail for the entirety of their term, and Canada will do better not to plead on their behalf. We've got enough of their ilk already.
Complain as one may, the USA is still immune from the bleeding-heart ideologies that have spread in places such as Britain and, to a lesser extent, Canada. Terrorist supporters are still jailed and the sentences are stiff. They should be grateful they weren't senteced to death.
5 comments:
I expect Bob Rae to speak on their behalf. These people are voters you know.
Bob Rae would speak on the Devil's behalf if it earned him publicity or votes. The sole route for them is applying to serve their sentence in Canada. I am sure they will, and I am sure the US will reject that.
They are voters who wilfully went to another country with the intent of breaching the law. They are entitled to no clemency or sympathy from Canada.
O.K. all you supporters of Brenda Martin it's time to take to the streets again.
I am pleased that our Canadian authorities have good links with our counterparts in the US. I support having Canadians who face US offences prosecuted and potentially imprisoned in the US as appropriate. The US sentences are more just than ours in many cases, so for now, it makes more sense to have them picked up across the border, until we have our own sensible laws passed.
Agreed -Lock em up and throw the key away.
Boob Rae - Be damned.
Post a Comment