The spiralling vultures over BP do little to hide their motives.
President Obama, having realized he indeed can NOT walk on water, is desperate to kick some butt to show he can still do something besides waiting for a drubbing.
Across the Bering strait, Russia's Medvedev sees lucrative opportunities for the state's pet company Gazprom should BP be felled.
Not to be outdone, the rating agencies are desperate to prove to no-one in particular that they will not peddle garbage as Triple-A gold by, well, calling Triple-A gold garbage.
The onslaught against a perfectly healthy company is breathtakingly short-sighted. Though the billions extorted from BP's coffers will eventually trickle down into bureaucrats' pockets on the South Coast, the eventual clean-up costs will be much higher. How, please tell, are Obama & friends going to get any extra money out of a company they rendered unable to raise funds in the market through their empty rhetoric?
When BP bonds become junk, 29,000 Americans will be out of a job, millions of Brits will be out of a pension and thousands of Louisiana residents will be out of compensation.
This is what Obama wants. Anything for the prospect of saving face in time for November.
Update: and I boarded the same train of thought as a letter writer to the Daily Telegraph. No plagiarism, I swear.
Update: and I boarded the same train of thought as a letter writer to the Daily Telegraph. No plagiarism, I swear.
1 comment:
That buffoon is not saving face.
The Obamateur just doesn't know what the hell he's doing.
I personally could care less about BP. Those phonies with their "Beyond Petroleum" guff , their support of the global warming hoax and being a huge financial supporter of Obama back when they though they could gain a advantage from it. They’re getting their just dessert.
You reap what you sow, and it’s no coincidence that their doing a lot of sowing.
Post a Comment