I had the pleasure, yesterday, of witnessing the official nomination of Agop Evereklian as the candidate for Pierrefonds-Dollard. Catching up with good friends and acquaintances was just part of what made the evening very enjoyable.
Agop, among other things, radiates common sense and pragmatism. In his speech to a full hall he praised his family, recounted his path to citizenship and debunked the usual myths told about Conservatives.
It was a refreshing speech to hear. In a crisp and clear language the new candidate for Pierrefonds-Dollard made clear where his roots, energy and loyalties lie: the family, an idea, and his community. I liked him when I first met him as the candidate for Laval-Les-Iles, and my admiration for Agop has grown over these months.
Pierrefonds-Dollard is a winnable riding, and I for one will offer all the support I can to ensure such an awesome man can spearhead the Island of Montreal back into the governing caucus. Go Agop!
2 comments:
He made it very clear how much he loves Canada and how much he wants to serve and thank Canada for realizing the dream of his father of settling in a country where his children and children's children would have every opportunity.
He speaks beautiful French, excellent English and knows a number of other languages.
This was a serious speech at a eventful occasion. I hope he will also throw in a bit more humour and partisanship as he goes along. By the way, according to his sister, he does excellent parodies.
Bravo Agop!
There were a number of young people at this meeting and a very with-it youthful tone to the ceremony and presentations. Also a lot of professionalism. It all augurs well for the future success of the campaign to unseat Bernard Patry or whomever they throw our way.
Agop is exactly what Montreal, what Quebec, what CANADA needs. He is smart, profound and, he gets it. That is we want no nonsense type politics. I hope others will stop to notice what an incredible added value he would be as an MP, and clearly as a Minister, and do what they can to get him to Ottawa. Agop can and will faithfully repesent the needs of our Riding as well as the needs of Canadians across our beautiful country. He has my vote.
Post a Comment