This is a speech I will try to make at tonight's Debating Society event, where the motion to be debated is "This House would deport all foreign criminals immediately".
-----------------------------
First of all, why is there a State? It is not a god-sent overlord that came to rule over us. It is the institution called to deal with matters that individuals and associations can't deal with on their own. One of the most important of these is the protection of people's rights from abuse by others, and the removal from society of such abusers.
The State has prisons, which serve the purpose of isolating an offender from society. If the offender is a citizen of that State, he or she will be released on completion of the prison sentence back into society because the State cannot deport its own citizens. But the State has no such obligation towards foreigners who have broken the law.
By coming as a foreigner into Britain you agree to abide by British laws, further your interests and by doing so contribute to the progress of British society. When you infringe on the rights of others, you break this agreement and have no right to stay.
I therefore find it ludicrous that we debate this issue while good old common sense would tell us that who has come here and broken the law has no place in this country any longer.
---------------------------
If I get the chance, then I'll post the reactions. If not, then you know my view anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment