A good morning laugh is the right start for the day, and today was Liz May's turn. She self-righteously proclaims that Canadians want to oust Harper and that they want a leader who keeps his promises. The Green party then goes on to unveil their humongous policy document, which can be summarized in just a few words: the Government will take over your lives and you will have to like it.
As per textbook statist behavior, not only the Greens allege that the Government needs to take over everything and tell people how to live and how to behave (anyone disagreeing make some noise!) but they also arrogantly assume they can read people's minds or impose their own ideology.
FYI Liz, polls show the Tories on the rise, and the fact that a minority government has managed to function for nearly two years is a sign of democracy. As a matter of fact, this Government did get things done. You say "I have faith in democracy". I have it too, and I happen to admire Harper for ensuring real democracy, where a really heterogenous majority agrees policy.
This is democracy, and people will realize it. But keep the comments coming, Liz, I need morning laughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment