Zimbabwe has been a messy business for years. It just got messier.
The recent rumoured election results, as most know, give the butcher Mugabe losing to opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai. Official results, however, are delayed. And I am not surprised.
Those who place high hopes in Mugabe taking the advice being showered upon him from all corners to quit, run and hide sound well-intentioned and noble but naive to me. A look at the assasin's record would freeze anyone's blood, and I for one am all too sure he wouldn't hesitate to murder half of his country beginning with the election commission if he needed to do so to stay in power.
I pray for Zimbabwe and I pray for Mugabe's criminal fury to have grown colder, or at least withered with age. I pray for him to go and for there to be as little blood as possible. But I prepare myself for the bitterness of waking up one morning and finding out Mugabe still steers Zimbabwe on its route to destruction.
3 comments:
I don't think the people will tolerate this again. Mugabe should remember Ceaucescu's fate.
But then again, why should he attempt to learn lessons from the same white people he so despises?
I would honestly love to see him buried alive under a public washroom, but until there's a massive uprising with the army and security forces joining in (or at least allowing it to go on) we will be as helpless as we are now.
Post a Comment