Friday, 8 May 2009

Luca has landed

I will probably get accused of obnoxious bragging, but I landed as a Permanent Resident at 8.30 PM today (Friday). Which not only makes me a new immigrant, but also the happiest person on this planet right now.

Big thanks are in order to all those who helped me put together the application, wrote recommendation letters, proofread my french and endured months of stressed pacing around the office or the apartment.

And absolutely monumental thanks go to Immigration-Quebec and Citizenship and Immigration Canada. They are living proof (in my case) that government agencies can provide an absolutely spotless, responsive, predictably reliable service. My case was finalized in a flash, and I'm grateful for all the dedication that those people show for their jobs.

6 comments:

Roy Eappen said...

Canada cannot have a better new immigrant. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Of course, you're not officially Canadian unless you know the secret handshake.
Congratulations Luca.
NeilD

hunter said...

Welcome to your new country! You are now and forever more, a Canadian. I suspect you will make Canada proud to have you as a citizen.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new country! You are now and forever more, a Canadian. I suspect you will make Canada proud to have you as a citizen. Unless of course you vote Liberal, Green or NDP one day. Then Hunter and her crew will toss you to the curb.

Luca Manfredi said...

how absolutely untrue. Plus, don't spoil the mood :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome.