a white male in his 50's, balding with gray hair last seen traveling west bound on 13th in a 1993 powder blue Ford Taurus, with tag 2-2-5-B-A-B and possibly a K-State vanity plate.
If what Tiller did was illegal, justice should have caught up with him and shoved him in jail. Shooting from a car is typical of gangsters and terrorists, not civilized human beings. I understand the motivations and reasoning of both camps, and I see both extremes which I equally despise.
As I haven't heard of pro-choicers firebombing churches or murdering ardent pro-lifers, count me in the choice camp until further notice. No further correspondence will be entered into. Suck it up.
Update 1: despicable stumentalization of this tragedy for cheap political points by the Daily Kos.
Update 2: Too little, too late, too obvious. Condemn and discipline those who mislead women, lie, intimidate and cry "holocaust", then I'll believe you have the backbone to face the issue as mature and respectful beings. The ultra-liberals lie and mislead too, that's why I don't buy their rhetoric either.
16 comments:
[comment removed because the video player in the link tried to install something on my computer. Not smart]
Ahh, yes. "Pro Choice"
A fancy way of saying you're okay with baby killings.
Take from that what you will.
So someone gets gunned down and now your for abortion???Where's the logic to that statement.One has nothing to do with the other.It's like me saying i had a flat tire so i,m against rubber.
In total, 7 people (including Tiller) have died due to anti-abortion violence in North America. In total. Throughout history. Yet there are hundreds of millions of people who oppose abortion in North America.
So, you're saying that all it takes is seven murders for you to lump an entire movement of hundreds of millions of people as being of the same like. Just as a question, don't you think if there was a real connection we would see far more murders of abortion doctors?
Hundreds of millions vs less than ten... think about it.
It is against all logic for someone to equate the killing of a few to the killings of multiples of thousands. Personally I think the killing of abortionists is abhorrent but I find your position to be even more onerous.
Instead of murdering the babies you could arrange to adopt a few. Sadly, with your views, they may grow up to be abortionists. Better that than dead.
Grow up and get with the program. Do away with the pogram against the children you hate so much.
A terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Truly.
A man's life was aborted before his time today by a cowardly drive-by abortionist. I hope this criminal is caught and faces swift justice.
Twisting words and logic beyond the absurd will never gloss over the fact that a human life was taken today.
It's a very sad day all around.
As sad as it was to see a man die the question remains: How many lives will be saved by the death of the baby killer?
By that logic:
The Inquisition proved all catholic doctrine false and all heresy true.
Malcolm X & the Black Panthers invalidated Civil Rights and segregation should have stayed in place.
Vietnam may have been a just war because of william Ayers bombing the Pentagon.
Policemen occasionally shoot a bystander, an innocent, or overrreact or taser to death so we should be antilaw and become anarchists because of the violence that is used to coerce us into following it.
Truth is discovered in using reason and logic, expermentation, observation, people's deeds may make their ideas less palatable but it doesn't invalidate them.
If you want to be pro abortion that's fine, we are in a free society and should have a free debate. One however should think of reasons to be for something not choose a side of a debate based on an emotional response but rather by a logical conclusion.
Note that the murderer was a man who thought he knew best what was good for women he did not even know; so he thought he would just take the law into his own hands. I am also for informed choices, while recognizing the rights of others to have religious and moral views which are a bit different from mine.
Just as a question...
'Condemn and discipline those who mislead women, lie, intimidate and cry "holocaust", then I'll believe you have the backbone to face the issue as mature and respectful beings.'
What is that supposed to mean?
Many "advice" centres pretending to offer advice to pregnant women lie about abortion (it will make you sterile, the baby is alive, etc), use completely made-up models; families of girls who make that tragic choice are routinely targeted in predominantly radical communities.... need I go on? When bad PR happens, everyone's swift top condemn. When ordinary deception and intimidation are carried out, most of these moderate pro-life organizations are mute as fish. That's what it's supposed to mean.
I have always been pro-choice, and Tiller's murder hasn't changed my mind. There's a difference between that and choosing a camp based on an emotional response.
I agree the actions of a lunatic do not speak for a whole movement. I never asserted the contrary. Yet I refuse to even begin debating on the premise that I make a case and all the other part can do is call me a baby killer (as per some comments above). I can debate merits and alternatives, such as greater access and information about adoption programs. That is a pleasure. Talking of which...
as far as I know about 30000 abortions are performed in Canada every year. Before we move to limit access to abortion, we should ensure there's enough combined demands for adoptions and places with foster families. If so, lead me and I'll follow gladly.
I have no problem with you deciding to be pro-choice but your title plus your paragraph about pro-choicers not firebombing so you are in their camp till further notice was what you wrote as the reasonnot misinterpreted by your readers as your reason for your position. Many of us thought your free thinking site had become irrational thinking so although you wrote these things as a joke or a incoherent rant I am glad you clarified that your previous statements are untrue and that you are a free thinker and not an irrational emoter.
Thanks for the clarification.
I have to say that the last poster's position is pretty much dead on. It's hard to say that you're not lumping a whole group in with the actions of a few when the post itself is called "This is why, despite all, I am pro choice".
After all, if the actions of a few is the reason "why" you are pro-choice or even influences your decision to be so... you get what I'm saying right?
As for misinformation, I hate to say it but you should do some research. The amount of misinformation and misguidance provided by abortion providers and advocates is pretty much on par with the alternate position.
As for your "the baby is alive" point? Scientifically, you are incorrect. The baby is alive. That has been scientifically proven by those employed to determine those things. It is a point that even the head of the National Organization of Women in the USA said was true and thus the whole reason behind abortion advocates changing their argument to say that the unborn are simply not "people". Go look it up if you don't believe me.
I don't like the crazy dogma thrown around by either side. It's the same reason why I find the terms pro-life and pro-choice to be moronic. But, even though I disagree with a lot of positions, I can still understand why those people hold those positions.
You are obviously upset by "pro-lifers" throwing around the word "holocaust". And from your position of not seeing abortion as the killing of a person, you are correct. But, you must obviously recognize that if "pro-lifers" truly believe unborn babies are both human beings and people, then in all reality abortion has resulted in as many lives lost as the Holocaust of WWII. To them and how they perceive reality, it is very much a "holocaust".
You can't blame people for seeing two things in the same light, even if you disagree with them. That's the whole point of a free society and the notion of freedom of belief. We are allowed to believe what we want without society demanding for us to conform to another's beliefs.
Post a Comment