Gambler sues casinos because they let him in! For crying out loud, when did people start forgetting that when you have a problem, you deal with it?
It isn't like the guy was in denial either: he submitted his name and picture to a "kick me out, maybe" list, which he then claims was laxly enforced and "caused" him to lose more money, his home and his job. This is not a case of someone profiteering from someone else's addiction, it's a case of trying to deny one's responsibility for one's own actions.
When you realize you have a problem, you seek help. Compulsive gambling isn't something one can solve going cold-turkey, and this is a case-in-point. The list he refers to as his bridge to salvation (not!) is merely a recommendation that gambling joints consider ejecting him from the premises. It isn't a ban list, ergo casinos can do whatever they like.
I do hope this case is thrown out and the guy gets the professional help he needs. Had he been smarter, after acknowledging the problem he would have sought the help of a psychologist. It would have been much cheaper than relying on casinos enforcing a weak recommendation.
I gamble from time to time. I go into the casino with nothing but the cash I think I can afford to spend. I never need to take my debit card out, because after losing about 30% of my bankroll I get royally bored, and prefer spending the rest on beer. If I can be this responsible at 23, I can reasonably expect others to be even wiser at older ages. Which is why I have no sympathy for Peter Dennis.
1 comment:
Next up: drug addicts suing the police for failing to prevent their access to illegal narcotics.
Right after the case of pedophiles who want billions because the proper authorities won't keep kids away from them.
Post a Comment